Monday, February 18, 2013

Morning Rice Paper Wraps


This is hands down my favorite breakfast recipe. I get so many compliments when I make it. Plus it is a super healthy way to start your day. 

I cannot for the life of me remember why my family started making these nor can I remember who had this ingenious idea, but we have been making these wraps for years. I would highly recommend trying these soon.

Note in this picture I added cilantro and green onions. These are optional. I generally use whatever fresh herbs and veggies I have in the house. 

Makes 5 Medium-Sized Wraps

-3 eggs
-5 rice paper wraps
-8 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
-1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
-4 inner leaves of romaine lettuce, sliced very thinly option: sometimes I use alfalfa spouts instead
-Siracha chili sauce
-If you want to add some more protein, scramble eggs with turkey or ham or cook small turkey sausage links in the microwave, slice in half and add one half slice per wrap.
-Salt and pepper to taste

Whisk eggs in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper. Spray a pan with non-stick olive oil spray. Turn flame to medium-high and pour in eggs. Cook eggs through.

To assemble the rolls, fill a shallow dish with hot water. Soak one rice paper at a time in the water for about 10 seconds, or until it’s soft. Gently shake water off excess water and lay flat on a clean work space.


Add egg, tomatoes, avocado, lettuce, hot sauce and protein (if you decided to include it) in a row across the center-right of the paper. Fold uncovered sides inward and tightly roll the wrap. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve.  

My friends enjoyed them!

No comments:

Post a Comment